Manchester City vs. Liverpool : Manchester City vs. Liverpool full match replay, Results & Fixtures, Odds, Preview, line-ups, Fantasy tips, Schedule, Kick off, Time, Highlights, Match day, UCL Quarter Finals, Champions League quarter-final second leg live on our page.
Manchester City vs. Liverpool Live Coverage
Manchester City face a daunting task to beat Liverpool and secure a place in the Champions League semi-finals after seeing their aura of invincibility stripped away in the space of four days. Goals from Mohamed Salah, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Sadio Mane inside 31 minutes blew the Premier League leaders away at Anfield, meaning City must score three goals without reply to even force extra time.
The hosts will take comfort from their 5-0 drubbing of Liverpool earlier in the season, despite Sadio Mane’s sending-off with the contest in the balance. It was Klopp’s heaviest defeat in all competitions as Liverpool manager and his joint-heaviest ever managerial loss (lost 6-1 with Mainz v Werder Bremen in October 2006). But having extended Everton’s search for a Merseyside derby victory to 17 games at the weekend, Klopp will be pleased that no momentum has been lost in his side’s quest to reach a first Champions League semi-final since 2008.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUARTER-FINALS – 2ND LEG
Kick-off: Tuesday 7.45p.m. (ET)
Venue: Etihad Stadium
Odds: Manchester City (1/2), Draw (4/1), Liverpool (5/1)
Manchester City vs. Liverpool Soccer
Manchester City vs. Liverpool – Machester City must overturn a 3-0 deficit from the first leg when they host Liverpool in the quarter-final return on Tuesday.Since losing at Anfield on Wednesday, City have also lost 3-2 to Manchester United in the league.Now is the time for experienced players to take over and take charge,” said Brazilian Fernandinho, 32.
Liverpool scored three times in 19 first-half minutes in the first leg.If Jurgen Klopp’s side manage an away goal at Etihad Stadium, City will have to score at least five times to progress to the last four.
Only two teams in Champions League history have overturned a deficit of three goals or more from the first leg in the knockout stages.
Deportivo La Coruna trailed AC Milan 4-1 in quarter-final in 2004 before advancing 5-4 on aggregate after winning 4-0 in Spain.
More recently, Barcelona overturned a 4-0 last-16 deficit against Paris St-Germain by winning 6-1 in the second leg at the Nou Camp last season.
Manchester City vs. Liverpool Second League Stats
- Manchester City won their home league game against Liverpool 5-0 this season – their only win in their past nine games against them in all competitions (D2 L6).
- Liverpool could become the first team to beat City three times in the same season since Manchester United in 2009-10.
- City have only lost one of their past 13 Champions League home games (W9 D3), though it was in the last round against FC Basel (1-2).
- Liverpool have scored more goals than any other side in this season’s Champions League (31). Manchester United (32 in 2002-03) are the only English team to score more in a single season in the competition.
- Liverpool midfielder James Milner ‘s seven Champions League assists this season is more than any other player in the competition this term.
- City boss Pep Guardiola has only lost both legs of a Champions League knockout tie once before – with Bayern Munich against Real Madrid in the 2013-14 semi-finals.